Last updated Jan 6, 2023.
Purpose: PROTECT INC. needs to gather and use certain types of information about individuals to fulfill our business services offerings. These individuals can include customers, vendors, suppliers, business contacts, contractors, employees and other people with whom PROTECT INC. has a business relationship of any kind. Consequences: The consequences of not providing such personal information may not be significant when the personal information is not needed to support business services and related processing. However, if the personal information is needed for a business transaction, or to fulfill the services provided by PROTECT INC. , the provisioning of such services will not be able to be fulfilled without the requested personal information.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience and allow us to fulfill your requests.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you (the source) when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems to support their job responsibilities, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply online is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We have information security and privacy policies that all employees must follow, and all employees receive regular information security and privacy training.
We perform risk assessments, and audits, as part of our comprehensive risk management program.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- Compile aggregate de-identified data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this aggregated data on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Legal basis of processing:
PROTECT INC. may process personal information relating to you if one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations PROTECT INC. may be allowed to process personal information until the individual objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of personal information is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of personal information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the individual and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the PROTECT INC. is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the PROTECT INC. ;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the PROTECT INC. or by a third party.
In any case, PROTECT INC. will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Personal information be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal information collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the PROTECT INC. and the individual will be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal information collected for the purposes of the PROTECT INC. ’s legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Individuals may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the PROTECT INC. within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the PROTECT INC. .
PROTECT INC. may be allowed to retain personal information for a longer period whenever the individual has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, PROTECT INC. may be obliged to retain personal information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal information will be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable (anonymized) visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or advertising research, or other site support uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Individuals can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Individuals have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her. by PROTECT INC. does not use automated decision making related to actions that impact legal rights.
The rights of Individuals:
Individuals may exercise certain rights regarding their personal information processed by PROTECT INC. .
In particular, individuals have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Individuals have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal information.
- Object to processing of their personal information. Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their personal information. Individuals have the right to learn if personal information is being processed by PROTECT INC. , obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the personal information undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Individuals have the right to verify the accuracy of their personal information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their personal information. Individuals have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their personal information. In this case, PROTECT INC. will not process their personal information for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal information deleted or otherwise removed. Individuals have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their personal information from PROTECT INC. .
- Receive their personal information and have it transferred to another controller. Individuals have the right to receive their personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the personal information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the individual’s consent, on a contract which the individual is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Individuals have the right to bring a claim before their associated data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing:
Where personal information is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the PROTECT INC. or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PROTECT INC. , individuals may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Individuals must know that, however, should their personal information be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether PROTECT INC. is processing personal information for direct marketing purposes, individuals may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights:
Any requests to exercise individual rights can be directed to PROTECT INC. through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Per CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Individuals can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. Our services and products are only sold to businesses.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles (FIPPs) form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the FIPPs and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with FIPPs and other breach notice laws we will take the following responsive action, should an event that falls under the definition of a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email, telephone, or other method as appropriate to the situation as soon as possible after confirming breach and associated details.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Purposes: We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
26632 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 300 | Foothill Ranch, CA | 92610USA
Last Edited on Jan 6, 2023